When you meet a person for the first time, he takes a glance or two to three seconds to evaluate about yourself. Your very first approach and appearance determines the impression you leave on the mind of others. People usually face difficulties to make good first impression in everyday life encounters. First impression plays paramount roles in establishing new relationships be it for love affairs, business purpose or recruiting employees. So, if you are meeting someone for the first time, how can you make a great first impression on him/her? The points listed below may be worth to read:
1. Be on time:-if it is your first date or job interview,never be late. Be there, preferably, ten minutes earlier, otherwise, on time. This will easily impress your date, business partner or employer.
2. Be yourself:-Do not mimic or try to resemble others just present who really you are. Being yourself boosts your self-confidence and this may increase your charisma. When you try to imitate personality of someone else, you will be easily judged and evaluated since it is not authentic.
3. Present yourself appropriately:-If you are meeting the person for the first time,yourphysical appearance will also affect how others judge you. Dress neat clothes that meet the situation. This does not mean that you need to act like celebrity but present yourself appropriately.
4. Show a winning smile:-A smiley face wins others on spot. Do not show fictional smile, fake smiling can be detected easily since it does not alter your emotion you will simply show your teeth and opened mouth. You want to impress others? Show a winning smile from your gut.
5. Be open and confident:-Nonverbal communications and gestures areimportant to make a great first impression. When you meet your first date, business man/woman or employer, salute him/her well shaking his/her hand. And do not forget to use nonverbal cues during your conversations.
6. Talk small:- Do not rush to talk about everything at spot. When you start talking small, you can elongate the conversations and you will be able to speak what you initially intending to talk. At this point, people would like to listen to your conversation, attentively.
7. Be positive:-Our attitudes influence our behavior. Positive outlook foster you to be calm, to take lesson and use your mind properly. Thus, do not jump to conclusion before you reach a bridge dwelling on negativity.Being positive can make a great first impression smoothly.
8. Be courteous and attentive:-Good manners and polite, attentive and courteous behavior helpsto make a good first impression. In fact, anything less can ruin the only chance you have at making that first impression. When the conversation is critically important listen more than you speak and reply politely during your conversations. Avoid anything that will distract your conversations (For example, do not answer calls from your cellphone or make it on silent mode) since your new acquaintance deserves your full attention. So be on your best behavior!