(By Antonio Mulatu)
The below listed elements are characteristics of an individual who is self-aware.
- Knows his/her strengths and weaknesses.
- Take responsibility for his/her life.
- Is the one who has positive self-image.
- Believes in himself/herself.
- Strive for personal growth (social, economical…)
- Has a vision.
- Pay sacrifice to attain his/her goal.
- Never try to resemble others.
Further, to be one’s life leader these two key elements are decisive.
A. Taking responsibility for one’s life
Facts that you should know about yourself
- You are unique in this world.
- You are living for purpose.
- You have the potential to control your thoughts and wishes.
- Your today’s thoughts have an impact on your tomorrow’s life.
To check your personality ask
- What is my strength and weaknesses?
- What does my self-image looks like?
- What is my understanding about life?
B. Leading meaningful life
- Helps to know what you are going to do and be.
- Helps you to bounce back from challenging life.
- Helps you to be healthy and fruitful.
What shall you do to lead purposeful life?
- Preparing oneself to lead purposeful life
- Believing that you can lead a better life than you are living now.
- Leading goal oriented life.
- Emancipating yourself from negative and harmful thoughts.
- Keeping a promise that you made to yourself.
- Never surrender for defeat and failure rather to take lessons from past failures.
Challenges that might appear when you start leading purposeful life.
- Challenges that arises from inner self.
- From people surrounding us.
- Lack of nurturing environment.
Whatever happens never give up, walk with valor.