Cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells grow and reproduce uncontrollably and invade nearby tissues by spreading to other parts of the body through blood streams and lymphatic systems hindering the activities of the normal cells.
The exact causes of cancer are not known and very often no single cause can be found. Some findings try to show that, it is related with the changes of genes. This happens to the living habit such as tobacco smoking, unhealthy diet like high fat foods and physically inactivity and also environmental factors like exposure to infections and carcinogens and longer life expectancy and too much exposure to the sun radiation.
- Do not smoke. Do not use any form of tobacco.
- Make your home smoke-free.
- Be physically active.
- Have a healthy diet.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Avoid too much sun. use sun protection.
- Breast feeding reduces the mother’s cancer risk.
- Ensure your children get Hepatitis B and HPV vaccine.
- Take part in organized cancer screening programmes.